Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Looking For IGC Video Help
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Looking For IGC Video Help

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#145220
Looking For IGC Video Help 1 Month ago  
Hi Gang,

You probably know that we shoot a ton of video at our IGCs. As we finally get around to updating and upgrading our ancient site we could use some help documenting what we have. I am looking for a few volunteers to watch our old workshops, take some notes, and write a description of what happened. These include workshops by Muriel Anderson, Alex de Grassi, and Al Stewart, as well as a bunch by our regular staff, Dave Nach, Doug Young, and the rest. If you are interested or available reply here and I will give you more information and access to a few of the classes. Most of them are about 60-90 minutes long.

You could also PM or email me.

Thanks,

Neil
TGNeil
Administrator
Posts: 1681
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#145230
Re: Looking For IGC Video Help 1 Month ago  
Hi, Neil!

As you know I'm rather time busted of late but I'd be game to try one of these and see how things go?

Mark
spinland
Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 892
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Spinland Studios, LLC Location: Utica, NY, USA Birthday: 02/15
“Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.” ~ J. M. Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#145231
Re: Looking For IGC Video Help 1 Month ago  
spinland wrote:
Hi, Neil!

As you know I'm rather time busted of late but I'd be game to try one of these and see how things go?

Mark


Thanks Mark,

You already have complete access to all the IGC videos as an Alumni so take a look at any one you like and let me know what you find.

Neil
TGNeil
Administrator
Posts: 1681
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#145234
Re: Looking For IGC Video Help 1 Month ago  
TGNeil wrote:
spinland wrote:
Hi, Neil!

As you know I'm rather time busted of late but I'd be game to try one of these and see how things go?

Mark


Thanks Mark,

You already have complete access to all the IGC videos as an Alumni so take a look at any one you like and let me know what you find.

Neil



This image is hidden for guests. Please login or register to see it.
spinland
Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 892
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Spinland Studios, LLC Location: Utica, NY, USA Birthday: 02/15
“Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.” ~ J. M. Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#145237
Re: Looking For IGC Video Help 1 Month ago  
I've been planning to go back and watch those videos of IGC workshops for a while now, and I'd be glad to take some notes while I'm watching. What kind of detail are you looking for? Songs played? Topics discussed? And do you have a timetable in mind? It may be a few weeks before I have a chance to start watching them and no idea how long it will take.

Also, has anyone done something like this for the On the Beat collection? A daunting task I know. Sometimes I make a note if I see something I may want to reference later, but most of my notes seem to disappear from my hard drive. I know there are often handy tips given that I can't remember later, and snippets of songs I would like to listen to again.

-Marc
mweston
Senior Boarder
Posts: 52
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#145240
Re: Looking For IGC Video Help 1 Month ago  
mweston wrote:
I've been planning to go back and watch those videos of IGC workshops for a while now, and I'd be glad to take some notes while I'm watching. What kind of detail are you looking for? Songs played? Topics discussed? And do you have a timetable in mind? It may be a few weeks before I have a chance to start watching them and no idea how long it will take.

Also, has anyone done something like this for the On the Beat collection? A daunting task I know. Sometimes I make a note if I see something I may want to reference later, but most of my notes seem to disappear from my hard drive. I know there are often handy tips given that I can't remember later, and snippets of songs I would like to listen to again.

-Marc


Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply and yes to most of your questions. No real rush but getting them to me as they happen would be great.
We have been trying to figure out how to index all the Weekly Updates, and I am not sure there is an easy way to this. I think we can get the dialogue transcribed automatically but what was played is a different story. We are open to suggestions, obviously.

Neil
TGNeil
Administrator
Posts: 1681
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#145264
Re: Looking For IGC Video Help 4 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Count me in if you're still lookng for volunteers Neil. Always willing to help however way I can.

-Victor
vzg14
Senior Boarder
Posts: 48
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: SF Bay Area, California Birthday: 05/28
"Well I got this guitar, and I learned how to make it talk!" - Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
Go to topPage: 1