Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#116755
Re: A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y 1 Year ago  
TGNeil wrote:
Hi Gang,

Willem- good ears! It is not just a standard Bm7, there is something else to it. Keep experimenting and exploring.

Neil




Then maybe,,maybe NY was hitting a wrong string,,,

Willem
willem
summertime and the living is easy
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 7293
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: netherlands Birthday: 05/03
Thank you for the days those endless days,those sacred days you gave me
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#116756
Re: A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y 1 Year ago  
daryl wrote:
I definitely think the D is incorrect in the G D Em progression. But I have not suggested that it should be a Bm7. I don't know what it actually is. It could be a particular Bm7 voicing or it could be some other entirely different chord. My guitar is not handy right now for me to search for the chord. Good luck. And you ear isn't bad. You got the harmonica section correct. I'm sure you can find the proper chord in the body of the song. It definitely sounds like it is in the 1st position.

Thanks Daryl. I agree, it does sound like it is in the first position or at least that end of the fretboard...

Neil posted that it was not just a standard Bm7 chord, so I feel good about that too. I am thinking maybe some sort of altered chord with B in the bass. I will just have to mess around with it a bit.

Thanks again!

Jason
Music Junkie
It's old but it's good........
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3126
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male music.junkie27 Location: Ventura, CA Birthday: 01/27
It's better to burn out than it is to rust...... (Neil Young)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#116759
Re: A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y 1 Year ago  
Well he didn't say it wasn't a Bm7, just not a 'standard' Bm7!

Or maybe.........indeed, experiment and explore!

Music Junkie wrote:
daryl wrote:
I definitely think the D is incorrect in the G D Em progression. But I have not suggested that it should be a Bm7. I don't know what it actually is. It could be a particular Bm7 voicing or it could be some other entirely different chord. My guitar is not handy right now for me to search for the chord. Good luck. And you ear isn't bad. You got the harmonica section correct. I'm sure you can find the proper chord in the body of the song. It definitely sounds like it is in the 1st position.

Thanks Daryl. I agree, it does sound like it is in the first position or at least that end of the fretboard...

Neil posted that it was not just a standard Bm7 chord, so I feel good about that too. I am thinking maybe some sort of altered chord with B in the bass. I will just have to mess around with it a bit.

Thanks again!

Jason
TGVanessa
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3189
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Location: Holland
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#116765
Re: A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y 1 Year ago  
Hey Jason....

I really like that song ..... sounds familiar........ My Song...... yep!!
It comes naturally.
It's the way I'm made.




Link......Slowpoke - CSNY


This attachment is hidden for guests. Please login or register to see it.
thereshopeyet
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3889
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Birthday: 12/19
Last Edit: 2013/09/26 16:42 By thereshopeyet.
Never Bb - Never B# - Always B♮
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#116772
Re: A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y 1 Year ago  
thereshopeyet wrote:
Hey Jason....

I really like that song ..... sounds familiar........ My Song...... yep!!
It comes naturally.
It's the way I'm made.




Dermot:

Thanks for that. I always use that site as a fall back, after I have beat my head on the wall too long trying to figure it out by myself...

J
Music Junkie
It's old but it's good........
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3126
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male music.junkie27 Location: Ventura, CA Birthday: 01/27
It's better to burn out than it is to rust...... (Neil Young)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#116806
Re: A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y 1 Year ago  
so the D chord should be an Em7sus4 020200,,,,Jason now you can write a song too?? Faddsharpeleven!!!


Willem
willem
summertime and the living is easy
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 7293
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: netherlands Birthday: 05/03
Last Edit: 2013/09/27 06:33 By willem.
Thank you for the days those endless days,those sacred days you gave me
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

#116817
Re: A question on "Slowpoke" by CSN&Y 1 Year ago  
willem wrote:
so the D chord should be an Em7sus4 020200,,,,Jason now you can write a song too?? Faddsharpeleven!!!


Willem


Willem:

Your sense of humor is boundless... I love it.


Jason
Music Junkie
It's old but it's good........
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3126
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male music.junkie27 Location: Ventura, CA Birthday: 01/27
Last Edit: 2013/09/27 11:06 By Music Junkie.
It's better to burn out than it is to rust...... (Neil Young)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
Go to topPage: 12